One Year. One Physical Therapist in Trujillo, Peru.

Combining passions of global public health with travel and cultural immersion... With the help of the Catholic Medical Mission Board, I was afforded the opportunity to live outside of Trujillo, Peru for one year's time (2010-2011). Check out old posts about my experiences as a PT working in hospitals, a school, an outpatient clinic, doing research/community based rehabilitation, and a little teaching too. And my experiences with an entire calendar year of holidays, cultural customs and new culinary experiences!

I make it back about once a year with university students/CMMB projects, so I will periodically provide updates :)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS!!

Happy 2011! Time for some shout-outs...

I want to take a moment to thank you for tuning in – and especially those of you who have sent letters, packages, encouraging emails or facebook messages – and of course, the skype dates. Your words brighten my days and keep me going. THANK YOU so much!

Especially want to acknowledge…
My mom, dad and sister Britt
Mi Familia Peruana (no se si estan leyendo? Gracias por todo el apoyo aca en Perú!)
Aunt Michelle, Uncle Kevin, Ian and Maria Donahue
Aunt Kathy, Uncle John + Ryan Stroyls
Auntie Helen
Uncle Steve + Aunt Dottie Connolly
MaryJane Gallo and The 7th grade class at Holy Cross (Rumson)
Cathleen Daly - for her unwavering (on the ground!) support
Grandma
Grandpa
Uncle Keith, Aunt Pam and Crystal Walker
The Chapmans
Deborah Harris
Father Scott and Maria Elena Medlock
Rob Smith
Jules Johnson
Lindsay Palaima
Ashley McKee
Mary Kaye Dolan
Catherine Engibous
Michelle Saltmarsh
Keri Vonkalinowski
Layna Shorter
Susy Mercado – Thanks for the wonderful family welcome!
Regis faculty and my DPT class of 2010
My friends at Black Lion Hospital in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - Tes Fekadu, Nigatu Abate and Mengestie Mulugeta
Fellow CMMB volunteers out there in the field! Keep up the great work!
And anyone who’s commented on the blog posts too!

Hope I didn’t forget anyone… Many thanks for all of your love, prayers and support! ☺

2 comments:

  1. Ditto! I'd be going crazy without you down here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, You are such a great person and friend. I am so proud of the service you are doing. Thank you for all that you do for me.

    ReplyDelete