One Year. One Physical Therapist in Trujillo, Peru.

Combining passions of global public health with travel and cultural immersion... With the help of the Catholic Medical Mission Board, I was afforded the opportunity to live outside of Trujillo, Peru for one year's time (2010-2011). Check out old posts about my experiences as a PT working in hospitals, a school, an outpatient clinic, doing research/community based rehabilitation, and a little teaching too. And my experiences with an entire calendar year of holidays, cultural customs and new culinary experiences!

I make it back about once a year with university students/CMMB projects, so I will periodically provide updates :)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

In Loving Memory


The world lost an amazing person today, but heaven gained another.

In loving memory of Deacon Ken Donohue…

Who has been an inspiration in my life since I was a little girl. He always lived by example, lived a life of deep spirituality, family values and self-less service to others. Though he may not know it, Ken has been a big source of personal encouragement, especially during difficult times and challenges I’ve faced here in Perú.

A few months ago, he shared his favorite Bible verse with my family:

As long as I live, I will sing and praise you, the Lord God. I hope my thoughts will please you, because you are the one who makes me glad.

-Psalm 104:33-34

Without a doubt, I can still hear his song and praise. He will continue to inspire me throughout my life.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. May all your happy memories lift your spirit.

    ReplyDelete