One Year. One Physical Therapist in Trujillo, Peru.

Combining passions of global public health with travel and cultural immersion... With the help of the Catholic Medical Mission Board, I was afforded the opportunity to live outside of Trujillo, Peru for one year's time (2010-2011). Check out old posts about my experiences as a PT working in hospitals, a school, an outpatient clinic, doing research/community based rehabilitation, and a little teaching too. And my experiences with an entire calendar year of holidays, cultural customs and new culinary experiences!

I make it back about once a year with university students/CMMB projects, so I will periodically provide updates :)

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Adios Alaska!

I'M READY!!!
4 checked bags are going to be a pain but hopefully worth it to get some PT supplies down there. We'll see how it goes at Customs...



I have a long trip ahead, starting tomorrow night...

Anchorage-Seattle
3 hour layover
Seattle-Mexico City
8 hour layover
Mexico City-Lima
12 hour layover
Lima-Trujillo!

All in all, 38 hours...ugh. Prayers for a safe journey / bags making it / not getting robbed are very much appreciated :)

A little nervous, especially for finding my housing, and overcoming the initial Spanish language shock. But otherwise really excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment